Train length and weight. Track conditions and grade. Driver response time and deviation between drivers. These are just a few of the factors that influence the speed and efficiency of freight delivery—and its impact on your business bottom line.
Trip Optimizer is an intelligent, fuel-saving cruise control for locomotive that optimizes fuel consumption based on a specific train’s make up and the route traveled.
Trip Optimizer System calculates the most efficient operation by considering such factors as train length, weight, grade, track conditions, weather and locomotive performance. The trip’s profile is updated continuously through a complex network of on-board computers, GPS systems and advanced algorithms that make adjustments, enabling the train to use less fuel while maintaining smooth train.
The result: Trains that run on time, operate more smoothly and use fuel more efficiently— Sustainable fuel savings of 3-17% (depending on train weight, configuration, terrain, etc.) and corresponding emissions reductions.
- Automatic throttle and dynamic brake control
- Automatic controls of throttle, dynamic braking—Locotrol DP remote consists, all according to plan
- Builds individual plan for each train over a given territory
- Optimizes fuel consumption based on a specific train’s make up and the route traveled.
- Improved and consistent train handling
- Proven to reduce break-in-twos with improved train handling by reducing operator performance variance
- Eliminates over-speeding
- Provides Auto-Independent Distributed Power control
- For auto train handling of longer trains over difficult terrain
- Provides for dynamic plan adjustments
- Monitors actual HP, speed, wheel slip, engine health, wind effect – not a model-based estimation
- EPA certified advanced energy management system
- Increasing footprint
- Deployed on over 4000 locomotives on major railroads