Building Safer Railways
Through its innovative and unique design of track to train data transmission, SSC is the Automatic Train Protection solution, which offers safer railway operation, in a cost-effective and timely manner.
SSC is an overlay system that uses μwave technology to transmit signal and track information to the train.
And, unlike other solutions, deployment of SSC does not require devices or cables to be mounted in the track area. SSC wayside components are mounted on the right of way, deriving their power from the existing signals (no new power cables).
* Developed for Commuter and Suburban rail lines with traditional signaling
* Designed to run a safer railway operation
* Consists of just two components: the wayside component and the carborne component
* Enforces signals, speed limits, and temporary speed restrictions
* SSC wayside encoder can be configured to be ERTMS/ETCS Level-1 compliant. SSC onboard system can be upgraded in order to read Eurobalises according to ERTMS/ETCS standards.
* With its quick deployment, installation on existing infrastructure is simple, leading to minimal traffic disruption
* No massive re-training of railway staff required
* Designed with the safety of railway employees and passengers in mind
* Facilitates the prevention of damages to the overall railway infrastructure
SSC Executive Summary