Who's keeping track? We are.
GE’s Axle Counter System SCA is a multi-point axle detection and track occupancy system that performs within a wide range of rail applications. The system uses an axle counter unit in a wayside enclosure and one or more axle detection points at track section boundaries. The versatile SCA can be configured for point-to-point or multi-point track sections, counting the number of axles on a specific train or total axles present within one or more track sections.
* Extremely reliable axle and track occupancy detection
* Integrates electronic wheel detectors using magnetic field technology
* Built-in event recording and diagnostic capabilities
* Supports vital data for bi-directional operation via wire, fiber optics or radio
Benefits & Value
* No external logic interface needed
* Can link directly with signaling to indicate track occupancy or clearance
* Alternatively, can link with a vital serial message to interlocking modules
* Capability for remotely clearing track from a control office