Advanced Communications extends the power of RailEdge applications by connecting your integrated control center to trains, platforms, yards, tunnels, underground, and wayside as well as to your passengers and field staff.
RailEdge Advanced Communications optimally combines telecommunications technologies to ensure continuous and uninterrupted flow of information. These systems provide you with backbone networking capabilities and support the requirements of all communication services, including mission-critical applications. RailEdge Advanced Communications, with built-in redundancy and backup connectivity, ensures uninterrupted switchover in the event of faults.
With RailEdge Advanced Communications, GE delivers complete communications solutions—concept, design, hardware selection, integration, installation, software, and system management—on time and on budget.
* Cable Transmission Systems (CTS)
* Synchronous optical network (SONET) / Synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH)
* Local area network (LAN) / Wide area network (WAN) / Metropolitan area network (MAN) Ethernet Networks
* Telephone / Private branch exchange systems (PBX) / Emergency telephone/ Maintenance telephone
* Wireless “radio” networks (voice and data)