When you choose LOCOTROL, more power to you.
With LOCOTROL distributed power, railroads can optimize the distribution of power and braking control over the entire length of a train. Installed on more than 8,500 locomotives around the world, the systems provide control of remote locomotives by command signals sensed at the lead locomotive and transmitted over a radio data link to the remote units. LOCOTROL is designed to operate safely if radio communication is lost and will interface with almost every type of braking and train line control system.
* Message repeaters (for improved radio coverage in critical areas)
* Tower control (for unmanned loading or dumping)
* Slow speed/plug mode (for loading and dumping control of heavy trains)
Benefits & Value
* 30% faster and smoother starting and stopping distances
* 22% faster and smoother starting and stopping times
* Brake pipe charging times reduced by 60%
* Improved fuel efficiency, depending on territory
* System throughput increases
* Operating cost reductions averaging 10%