Pump up your fleet.
With GE’s Brightstar advanced digital microprocessor on board, you can get up to 25% more productivity from your older locomotives. BrightStar can dramatically improve the adhesion capability of your existing locomotives, enabling you to improve fleet capacity or reduce the number of units needed to haul the same tonnage. Using advanced microprocessing and Flash-based memory, BrightStar reliably controls and monitors a locomotive’s engine, traction motors, alternator, rectifiers, air system, blowers and cooling system.
* Controls all primary locomotive systems
* Real-time data reporting, auto and prompt-directed system self-testing and maintenance event logging
* Consolidated circuitry with fewer relays, interlocks and connections
* Easy-to-use menu-driven display with multilingual capability
* Available as a stand-alone upgrade or with modernizations
* Easily installed on older model locomotives from GE, EMD*, Alco and others
Benefits & Value
* Increases all-weather adhesion by up to 26%
* Improves tractive effort by up to 25%
* Improves tonnage capabilities and/or unit reduction opportunities
* Reduces stalls
* Cuts road failures
* Speeds troubleshooting
* Reduces maintenance
* EMD is a trade designator of Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. GE is not an authorized EMD distributor, nor is otherwise associated or affiliated with EMD. However, GE does represent that its replacement parts, components, subsystems and services are compatible with and usable on EMD locomotives and engines.