A new lease on life for older locomotives
It’s more than an upgrade. It’s an extreme makeover for older locomotives. Modernization revitalizes aging locomotives while delivering better performance, higher reliability and lower operating expenses—all at a fraction of the cost of new power. In the most comprehensive modernizations, everything from behind the operator’s cab to the end of the chassis is removed, and a new modernization kit is dropped into place and integrated into the old locomotive platform. Packages are available for locomotives from GE, Lugansk and EMD*.
* 7FDL™ diesel engine
* Electronic fuel injection
* BrightStar™ microprocessor controls
* Diagnostic and self-test capabilities
* Complete systems design approach
* Drawings and installation instructions
* Engineering and technical support
Benefits & Value
* Lower first cost compared to new power
* Improved life cycle cost and longer service cycles
* Higher adhesion and haulage ability
* Increased asset utilization
* EMD is a trade designator of Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. GE is not an authorized EMD distributor, nor is otherwise associated or affiliated with EMD. However, GE does represent that its replacement parts, components, subsystems and services are compatible with and usable on EMD locomotives and engines.