It’s been a big day for networking for the GE Transportation team and our partners at InnoTrans 2012! If you haven’t had the chance to visit our stand or our PowerHaul locomotive, here are some things you might have missed:
1. GE Transportation and Kazakhstan Temir Zholy (KTZ) announced a landmark contract today at InnoTrans to extend their partnership to produce its Evolution Series passenger locomotives at the assembly plant in Astana. The Evolution locomotive, with a 12-cylinder diesel engine, produces the same 4,400 horsepower as its 16-cylinder predecessor, and uses up to 5% less fuel.
2. We’re showcasing Tempo Railway Solutions, our new rail signaling solutions portfolio for mass transit and mainline operations, here in Berlin. You can see Tempo installed in our PowerHaul locomotive or get an in-depth demonstration at our InnoTrans stand. Sign up in hall 6.2 stand 101.
3. Did you know: 150 tons of C02 are avoided every year for each freight train replaced by the GE
4. Vasily Zagorodsky, Vice President of Yakutiya , visited the PowerHaul and stopped for this pic!
5. Our Day 2 InnoTrans wrap-up video features GE Transportation President and CEO Lorenzo Simonelli and partners KTZ and Tülomsaş
Please follow GE Transportation on Twitter at @GETransport for the latest, and visit us at hall 6.2, stand 101 if you haven’t yet stopped by to say hello!